Watch a day in the life of one of our Drivers: Click here:
- Manages assigned routes ensuring that medical waste is transported in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for picking up and transporting waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations
- Plans daily schedule based on Stericycle or customer needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- Communicates any issues to the Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher for resolution.
- Ensures load is secured before operating a vehicle on a public highway.
- Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher, at the time of debriefing, for processing.
- Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to pickups. Ensures that Route Manager servicing the specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to the Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
- Performs a documented pre-trip inspection on vehicles before leaving the yard to commence route. Performs a documented post-trip inspection on vehicles before being debriefed for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher for follow-up. Insures all defects have been corrected before operating the vehicles again
Education and Experience:
- Education high school diploma.
- Completion of an accredited driving school for Commercial Driving.
- Maintains current Commercial Driver's License (Class 1), with an excellent driving record.
- Previous route management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates ability to read a map.
- Demonstrates general computer skills and knowledge of the internet.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, RRSP matching, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.